Anderson to Host Children’s Safety Expo
State Sen. Neil Anderson (Rock Island) will host a free Children’s Safety Expo from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM Saturday, Aug. 29 at Glenview Middle School located at 3100 7th Ave in East Moline.
“Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our kids. This Expo is a great way to teach our kids about safety in a way that is fun for the whole family,” said Anderson.
The Expo, which is free and open to the public, will provide fun for the whole family! The main event will be a “touch-a-truck” exhibit featuring firetrucks, an ambulance, a smokehouse, police squad cars, a 30-ton wrecker, a trolley, a semi-truck, a bearcat, a tractor and more!
Demonstrations from the East Moline Fire Department K-9 unit, All Family ATA Taekwondo, and Dance Connection are planned throughout the morning.
Giveaways, and free informational legislative brochures will also be available. Useful information on aquatic safety, car seat safety, saving for college, Internet safety, saving for the future, daycare, cyber-bullying, reading programs, nutrition and more will be available. More than 30 groups will be participating in the expo
- Advanced Medical Transport of Central Illinois
- All Family ATA Taekwondo
- Boy Scouts of America
- Center for Youth & Family Solutions
- Child Care Resource & Referral
- Children’s Therapy Center
- Coal Valley Police Department
- Dance Connection
- East Moline Fire Department
- East Moline Police Department
- East Moline Public Library
- Edward Jones
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa/Western Illinois
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- Illinois Secretary of State Police
- Juice Plus
- Metro Link
- Moline Fire Department
- Moline Police Department
- Munson Towing & Recovery
- Office of the Illinois Attorney General
- Office of the Illinois Comptroller
- Office of the Illinois Treasurer
- Rock Island County Health Department
- Rock Island County Farm Bureau
- Rock Island County Sheriff
- Rock Island Kindercare
- Rock Island Regional Office of Education
- Tennant Trucking
- The Arc of the Quad Cities
- Two Rivers YMCA
- Unity Point Health
- YWCA of the Quad Cities
- VIP Transportation
For more information visit Sen. Anderson’s legislative website at www.senatorneilanderson.com or call the Moline office at 309-736-7084.